Wydown Fortnightly is open to all children in the St. Louis area. Due to space constraints, and in order to maintain an instructive atmosphere, the number of invitations issued is limited. Invitations are issued through a lottery process. The applications received during the June 1 – June 7 period following the applicants 4th grade year are entered into the lottery. In most years, more applications are received from June 1 – June 7 than invitations are available. The remaining applicants are placed on the waitlist in the order they are received. Children applying for our program, after the initial fourth grade lottery are encouraged to apply at any time during the year.
Children may apply to Wydown Fortnightly from June 1 – June 7 after they complete their fourth grade year. Applications are received either online or via U.S. Mail. Online applications are strongly encouraged. Online applications will automatically be time and date stamped.
Applications after the fourth grade year that come in before June 1st will NEED TO BE RESUBMITED. You must resubmit your applications during the period of June 1 through June 7 of the year the child completes the fourth grade. Letters postmarked prior or emails prior to June 1 will be returned to the sender with instructions to resend the letter or resubmit via the website during the appropriate time. Letters postmarked and emails submitted after June 7 will be placed on the wait list. Please mail application to: The Wydown Fortnightly, c/o Etiquette Saint Louis 100 Chesterfield Business Parkway, Suite 200, Chesterfield MO 63005 or submit your application through the website.
The policy will be administered according to the following guidelines:
- Siblings of participants will be given preference as long as their request is postmarked during the period from June 1 through June 7 of the year the child completes the fourth grade. We make an effort to place siblings of past or current Wydown Fortnightly active participants in our dance program.
- The word SIBLING must be written on the front of the envelope. The name and grade of the sibling must be included in the letter.
- Twins may send one letter for both twins or a separate letters for each twin. The word TWINS must be written on the front of the envelope and on the application.
- Requests for acceptance to the Wydown Fortnightly will not be accepted when the letters received are postmarked prior to June 1st.
- Letters of request must be postmarked. No hand delivered letters will be accepted.